North Korea lagging behind on return of Korean War remains
More than a month after North Korea pledged to immediately return the remains of some Americans killed in the Korean War, the US is still waiting.
But Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who traveled to Pyongyang this month to press the North Koreans further, said Wednesday the return could begin âin the next couple of weeks.â
It could take months or years to positively identify the remains.
In a joint statement at their Singapore summit, President Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un committed to recover the remains, as well as those of troops missing in action decades after the war â" âincluding the immediate repatriation of those already identified.â
That was on June 12.
Although Trump said eight days later that the repatriation had already happened, it had not.
With APSource: Google News North Korea | Netizen 24 North Korea